PLEASE VOLUNTEER! VOLUNTEERS ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE SUCCESS OF THE SALE – WE ARE ALWAYS IN NEED.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Volunteers are invited to pre-shop Friday night starting at 8:15 pm.
- Volunteers earn more:
- Volunteer for one 3-hour 15-minute shift and have 20% (that’s an extra 5% for you) deducted from total sales
- Volunteer for two or more 3-hour 15-minute shifts and have 15% deducted (that’s an extra 10% for you!)
- Volunteer for 2 Saturday shifts and you get a free lunch!
- Meet other MBFOM members and have fun
Please Note: Only the CURRENT PAID member who is volunteering may pre-shop at the designated time on Friday night. No guests may pre-shop at this time, including non-volunteering spouses or children.
Description of Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
The following are brief descriptions of what you will be responsible for doing if signing up for this volunteer role/shift at a MBFOM Sales.
Set Up Team (4:15 pm – 7:30 pm)
- This role involves heavy lifting including hauling all sales equipment from the trailer onto the sales floor, setting up racks and tables, placing signage and carrying in vendor sale items to the sales floor. Note: vendors are responsible for distributing their own items to the appropriate area around the sales floor.
Floor Monitor (8:45 am – 12:00 pm & 12:00 pm – 3:15 pm)
- This role provides assistance to shoppers and security on the sales floor or at the entrance/exits to the sale. It also involves tidying and organizing the remaining sale items during the sale, putting away items left at the de-tagging stations, pulling unsellable items or items that have lost tags off the sales floor and sorting vendor items into piles once the sale is closed.
Tag Sort (9:00 am – 3:30 pm)
- This is a double shift, away for the sales floor, that involves separating all the tags from items that have been sold and grouping them by vendor number.
De-Tag (8:45 am – 12:00 pm & 12:00 pm – 3:15 pm)
- Working in pairs, the de-taggers will remove vender tags from the items being purchased, bag the sale items for the customer, adding up the total from all tags and the last shift will aid in sorting unsold vender items into piles starting around 1:30.
Take Down Team (1:30 pm – 4:45 pm)
- This role involves heavy lifting. Tasks start with sorting all remaining vendor items into piles separated by vendor number, dismantling racks and folding tables, removing sale signage, hauling all sale equipment to the trailer and helping to reload the trailer. Floors also need to be swept; all left-over garbage/boxes/hangers need to be removed from the premises.
How to Register as a Volunteer
Members wishing to volunteer must fill in the Vendor & Volunteer Registration Form no earlier than the designated start date/time.
VOLUNTEER/VENDOR FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED NO EARLIER THAN SEPTEMBER 10 2018 AT 9:00 a.m.
Forms will will accepted on that day/time and the days after. On the form, specify your 1st and 2nd choices for shift times and specific job desired. Also include the name of the person who will be working each shift. We will try our best to accommodate your request, but we can’t guarantee it. We encourage you to enlist your dependable friends / family to join you in volunteering as their hours will count toward your discounted commission fee!
Shifts will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. The shifts are as follows:
|Set up / Drive Thru / Drop Off
(heavy lifting and building of racks)
|22 People||4:15 pm – 7:30 pm|
|Floor monitors & organizer/ Security||18 people||8:45 pm – 12:00 pm|
|– same||16 people||12:00 pm – 3:15 pm|
|Sales and De-tagging||22 people||8:45 am – 12:00 pm|
|– same||22 people||12:00 pm – 3:15 pm|
|Tag Sorting * NOTE this is a double shift||5 people||9:00 am – 3:30 pm *|
|Take Down and Donation
(heavy lifting and take down of racks)
|6 people||1:30 pm – 4:45 pm|
Your Commitment as a Good Volunteer
Please sign in at the Volunteer Table, 10 minutes before your shift is to start. You will be given your assignment and instructions. You must also sign out at the end of your shift.
If you don’t sign in and sign out of your shift you will miss out on your discount.
Please avoid the use of cell phones etc. during your shift. 100% of your attention to your area is required to help things run smoothly.
Shopping while volunteering is not permitted – this is why we have a pre-shop.
You must stay for your entire shift to receive your discount and to shop with the volunteers on Friday night. If you have finished your task you will be assigned another one, there is always something to do, if unsure what to do, please ask one the executives.