It can be hard to think of gift ideas for toddlers, especially when they may have lots of toys already. Parents are always looking for things their kids actually need or will use and not just things that will take up precious storage space.
Here is a round up of ideas for first, second or third birthday gift ideas directly from our MBFOM members!
1 Year Olds
- Outdoor Items: Cozy coupe car, wagon, sled for winter
- Keepsake Gift: Photo book of their first year, jewelry or treasure box, piggy bank
- Water: kiddie pool, water table, cups for pouring, mini watering can
- Learning Toys: puzzles, felt quiet book, blocks, mega blocks, pull toy
- Fun toys: Walker, ride on toy, ball pit and balls, IKEA crawling tunnel
- Crafts: Colouring books, crayons, finger paint
- Bubbles: A bubble machine and plenty of refills!
- Practical Items: RESP contributions, clothing or outerwear for the next season, play mat, toy storage
2 Year Olds
- Outdoor Items: Balance bikes, soccer balls, tricycles (with a handle for parents to push!), swing set, slide
- Water: Watering cans, sand toys, puddle jumper
- Opt for an experience gift: Zoo memberships, Fort Whyte, Children’s Museum
- Learning Toys: Magnet tiles, busy board , toy kitchen, play house
- Fun Toy: Train set, duplo sets, play food, chalkboard easel with chalk
- Crafts: Construction paper, color wonder markers and paper, stickers, painting supplies – don’t forget the smock!
- Bubbles: Bubble guns, refills
- Practical Items: Potties, helper stools, PJs
3 Year Olds
- Outdoor Items: Soccer ball, badminton set, skates for winter, bouncy castle, t-ball set
- Water: Beach floatie, sprinklers
- Opt for an experience gift: Swim or skating lessons, special outing of their choice, cookie decorating kits
- Learning Toys: Lock toy, lacing toy, board games (this is a favorite!)
- Crafts: Acrylic paints and brushes, canvases, scissors, washable markers, reusable stickers, glitter glue
- Practical Items: Daily schedule chart, life jackets, helmets
When completely stuck, go for something to wear, something to read, something they want, something they need!