Last year people had to get creative to celebrate the graduates in their lives, and unfortunately, this year is no different. These grads have put in years of hard work and deserve to be celebrated, even if that looks a little different than the traditonal ways to celebrate.
Here are some ideas you can do in order to celebrate your graduate, their achievements and the next phase in their lives:
- Put up a Graduation yard sign to recognize their achievements
- Throw a virtual graduation party over Zoom or Skype
- Host a drive-by Graduation parade with friends and family
- Rent a cap and gown and take photos outside their school
- Create a thoughtful graduation gift, like a photo book of their school years from Kindergarten to Grade 12
- Treat your grad to a treat basket full of goodies for quarantine – chocolate, cheese, fancy popcorn, a bottle of bubbly if they are over 18
- Order in a special Graduation dinner and have a family celebration
- Create a 2021 time capsule – this is a moment in time that will go down in history, so you might as well document it! Gather some special mementos, write down things that are important to you, and wishes for the future
It was another year of unknown and many changes, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still celebrate our loved ones in style! Congratulations to all of the graduates!