Spring break is coming up and with COVID still kicking around, it definitely will not look like years past. The province of Manitoba has recently relaxed the COVID-related restrictions which will allow a variety of businesses to open.
We have come ideas of how to keep your kids entertained during Spring Break, keep in mind as businesses are slowly reopening it will be best to double-check their opening hours:
- Visit a local museum or art gallery
- Go for a walk in your local park, you could challenge your kids to find 10 different plants & animals during your walk
- Create a scavenger hunt for the whole family to participate in. For younger kids, maybe group items by colour (e.g. 3 red, 3 blue etc.) and for older kids you could try grouping things by letter (e.g. 3 items that start with the letter “A” etc.)
- If the weather permits, dust off your bikes and head out for a family bike ride.
- Have an indoor picnic
- Build a blanket fort – an oldie, but a goodie
- Play board games
- Get creative with rock painting
- Create an obstacle course
- Bake and decorate cookies or cakes
- Encourage the kids to put on a puppet show
Whatever the activity, have fun! Sometimes even us adults need to let loose and build a blanket fort!